Invest 45 minutes and we’ll show you how to get top performance from your SharePoint platform.
Our Webinars feature SharePoint experts who bring you practical tips, proven tools, and sure-fire methods for bringing home business value. Check out our webinars on a variety of topics including SharePoint compliance, migration, security, and governance.
Understanding the Disconnect Between Collaboration Tools and Business Goals
As organizations struggle with end user adoption, productivity, and a return on investment for their SharePoint deployments, it is important to develop a shared understanding of the business requirements – and build out SharePoint in close alignment with those requirements. This session highlights content from the recently available SharePoint Governance Maturity Benchmark whitepaper, helping attendees to better understand their own gaps between governance planning and execution.
SharePoint 2013 Preview – New Functionality and How to Manage it!
There's a lot of excitement around the upcoming release of SharePoint 2013. And with good reason: the new version is loaded with new features that promise to make the platform more personalised and adaptable than ever, which in turn will give you even greater business value.
ControlPoint has long been the market leading toolset for SharePoint administration, management and governance. Companies all over the world use it to help extend SharePoint’s out-of-the box management capabilities. So, in synergy with the upcoming release of SharePoint 2013, ControlPoint will be offering a new set of exciting features too.
This exciting webinar brings you all the highlights of SharePoint 2013 —and demonstrates how ControlPoint will help govern them all.
- What’s new in SharePoint 2013
- Changes to SharePoint Administration
- How Control Point & SharePoint work together
- Simplifying administration of your collaborative environments
- Enforcing SharePoint governance automatically
- Improving the focus and agility of your SharePoint management team
- Avoiding SharePoint security breaches and their associated costs
- And more!
Get Ahead of Your SharePoint Resolutions with ControlPoint
This webinar will show you the 9 things you should be doing with your SharePoint environment. Whether you have SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010, you can benefit from this webinar that will help you define your SharePoint resolutions and prepare you for 2013. The resolutions will include:
- Give your Site and Site Collections Admins more power
- End user site by site permissions management
- Restructure SharePoint to better serve your users
- Implement common governance policies with ease
- Automate administrative dashboards
- Build bridges to your DBA's, compliance officers and domain admins
- Audit SharePoint, store it elsewhere
- Understand, clean and monitor permission changes
- Configure a more consistent, predictable SharePoint infrastructure
10 Best SharePoint Features You’ve Never Used
Your team is competent in the SharePoint basics of adding, editing, and removing content. Maybe someone on your team has even become quite adept at building SharePoint Designer workflows. But most books and articles seem to jump from the basic to the incredibly complex, where you have to be a dev to understand the content much less utilize it in your SharePoint environment.
In this session, Microsoft MVP Christian Buckley will bridge this gap, demonstrating 10 of the best features that you've likely never used, but should be using. This is a 100-level end user and power user session walking through lessor known out-of-the-box features that may help with productivity.
SharePoint Compliance: Securing the Content & Infrastructure
Axceler and HiSoftware invite you to an upcoming webinar that will focus on the issues surrounding SharePoint security, compliance, and governance.
Because SharePoint makes it is so easy to build new sites, SharePoint systems can grow quickly and become unwieldy. Additionally, the creation and storage of content in SharePoint introduces risk that information may be accessed by or shared with individuals outside of the regulatory and corporate policies designed to protect sensitive information.
If administered wisely, SharePoint can be a tremendously powerful resource. And that is why a SharePoint governance plan—and the tools to manage and enforce it—are essential.
Join us on this webinar to find out how you can:
- Scan SharePoint content to analyze risk and automatically classify and protect this information
- Implement item-level security - restrict, encrypt, track and prevent
- Prevent sensitive content from leaving SharePoint through email, print or "save as"
- Cleanup and manage SharePoint permissions
- Audit SharePoint storage and activity
- Monitor SharePoint permissions
- Enforce user policies
- And more...
We hope you can join us on this webinar to find out how Axceler’s ControlPoint and HiSoftware’s Security Sheriff SP work to keep your SharePoint environment secure.
SharePoint Migration - Achieve Success Faster with Davinci Migrator
Eager to upgrade to Microsoft SharePoint 2010 but afraid of a long process or breaking something in the move? Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010 reduces risk, lowers the cost, and shortens the time necessary for SharePoint migration.
Watch this webinar to learn about the benefits of Davinci Migrator, including how to:
- Discover problems with your SharePoint portal before you migrate
- Build realistic schedules based on migration estimates
- Migrate in one big wave or a series of smaller waves – depending on your schedule
- Enable the migration of out-of-the-box and SharePoint Designer workflows, as well as custom workflows built with Nintex Workflow
- Query your legacy portal using drag-and-drop, SQL, or a Query-by-Example interface, and create batched SharePoint migrations
- And finish your migration before your deadlines
Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010 offers comprehensive, risk-based control when moving to the latest SharePoint platform, allowing users to discover, transform, iterate, and control migration activities.
Rebooting SharePoint Governance: 5 Pillars to Guarantee Success
‘SharePoint Governance’ means a lot of different things to a lot of different people and for the most part - they are all wrong!
This session is part of the global re-education of what ‘SharePoint Governance' REALLY is and how it is the essential element to enable your organisation to deliver business value through the SharePoint platform.
Ant Clay talks about the industry’s current myopic view on Governance, the difference between Assurance and Governance, Facilitation versus Analysis and how to align SharePoint with your businesses vision in both project delivery and on-going into the future.
- A Review of current SharePoint Governance “thinking” and why it is fundamentally flawed
- The 5 Pillars of SharePoint Governance
- Real examples of how this new approach to SharePoint Governance has benefited our customers
SharePoint Permissions, Policies & Productivity: Get it Right with ControlPoint
Axceler invites you to view this webcast that shows you how to better manage SharePoint permissions, policies, and improve your overall SharePoint productivity. Whether you have SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010, you can benefit from watching this session where we show you how to use ControlPoint to:
- Ease the difficulties involved with SharePoint Administration
- Enable varied Permissions & Security actions and reporting
- Enforce SharePoint governance automatically
- Support a centralized or distributed model for SharePoint management
- Boost your SharePoint’s value and productivity
- Increase end-user adoption
- Reduce demands on the overall SharePoint infrastructure
- And more!
Aligning SharePoint to Business Goals: Don't Just Say It, Do It
It is common to hear consultants wax lyrical about how we have to align SharePoint to "business goals". While this and other popular clichés like "obtain executive support" or "obtain user buy-in" are easy to say, in practice they are much harder to do. After all, if this was not the case, then business goal alignment would not be near the top of the list for SharePoint challenges.
Deploying Microsoft SharePoint is about alignment, adaption and adoption (all that “people stuff” that geeks suck at). Current SharePoint governance documentation abounds in service delivery, but just because your system is rock solid, stable, well documented and processes defined, there is absolutely no guarantee of success. In fact, the secret sauce to a successful SharePoint project is an area that governance documentation barely touches. To find what’s in this secret sauce, come and be part of this discussion!
Rather than just tell you what is wrong with the world, in this session, Paul Culmsee and Michal Pisarek will offer practical guidance, tools and methods on how to tame this complex problem. They will demonstrate how to ensure that all aspects of SharePoint delivery clearly align to organizational aspirations, ensure all stakeholder needs are considered and at the same time, create the understanding and commitment via an inclusive, collaborative approach.
- Why aligning organizational goals is hard
- Why SharePoint belongs to a class of problems that are inherently hard to solve
- Why users have trouble articulating what they really want
- The reality of how we actually solve new or novel problems
- How to avoid chasing platitudes and tap into the wisdom of crowds
- The one best practice you need before you consider any other best practice
- Field tests, practical tools and techniques
How to Develop and Enforce SharePoint Governance Policies through Services and Software
One of the keys to SharePoint's popularity is its ease of use - users can create collaborative websites in less than 5 minutes. But, because it is so easy to build new sites, SharePoint systems can grow quickly and, if not administered wisely, become unwieldy.
Organizations increasingly need SharePoint governance, especially as SharePoint becomes an enterprise collaboration platform and falls under corporate IT governance requirements. There are many parts to a SharePoint governance equation; two of the most important are the software and the services.
On this webinar you will see how Axceler’s ControlPoint governance and administration software and Jornata’s AutoPilot managed service offering work together to give SharePoint administrators a standardized governance model and maintenance plan for SharePoint deployments, including proactive support for farms, information management and application policies.
View this webinar to learn:
- Best practices for establishing a SharePoint governance model including policies and farm-wide application control
- How to establish a standardized governance model & maintenance plan for SharePoint deployments
- How to enforce governance policies automatically with ControlPoint
- How to identify SharePoint governance violations
- How to manage SharePoint security
- And more